Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ugly Bento


There's no structure to today's lunch...so it is the Ugly Bento.

Lunch is halibut fillets, coated in a spicy rub, then crusted with a little Parmesan cheese.

Underneath is a mushroom and Swiss chard risotto. I started with this recipe, but changed it fairly significantly.

First, I used omitted the scallops, so I skipped the first paragraph of the recipe. Then I used about a teaspoon of olive oil to saute the onions and garlic. After the mushrooms were cooked, as directed, I added a bunch of Swiss chard, cut into a fine chiffonade, and cooked it until it lost most of its moisture. Finally, I omitted the butter to keep the reicpe a little lighter; I also omitted adding the cheese, instead sprinkling a little on the top instead. I used chicken stock, but if you wanted to, vegetarian stock would substitute easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment