Monday, November 30, 2009

Orange / Orange


A belated 'Happy Thanksgiving' to all. We spent the holiday in Los Angeles with some friends and family.

Tomorrow's lunch is Cajun-spiced Orange Roughy with red beans and brown rice, and cauliflower and broccoli. Dessert is orange wedges and giant red globe grapes.

This was a super quick dinner--it literally took less than ten minutes to prepare. I cooked up a pouch of 'Uncle Ben's Ready Rice,' then tossed it with a drained can of organic kidney beans. The fish got a sprinkle of Cajun seasoning, then a sear in a hot pan with just a brush of olive oil. The veggies got a quick steam in a covered pan, then a sprinkle of seasoning as well.

It was a really hearty, really healthy, darned tasty dinner--under 500 calories and 5 grams of fat, and I'm stuffed.

The Thanksgiving holiday, unfortunately, means finals are just around the corner, so I'm super busy with school work--I have a paper due Friday, and then my first final is next Wednesday. My brother and his family are also coming to visit for a week and a half starting Saturday, so I'm going to be juggling a lot. But I'm super excited to see my nephews, so I'll manage:)

No comments:

Post a Comment