Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fish and Farmers' Market Freshness


I went to the Sunday Farmers' Market in West Los Angeles again this week. I just love markets, especially when they're so full of such beautiful produce.

This week bunches of beautiful Swiss Chard caught my eye. I used this recipe to make a chard and onion tart. It was really delicious. Mr. Toro couldn't stop talking about how good it was. It's definitely on my make-again list. I altered the recipe slightly in that I eliminated the oil and just used a little cooking spray to saute the veggies.

The main dish for lunch is a halibut fillet, simply grilled with a little salt and pepper. It is crusted with a sun-dried tomato and olive tapenade.

On the side, in addition to the chard tart, are a couple of bleu-cheese stuffed olives as well as some lovely cherry tomatoes, also procured from the farmers' market. These had a lovely red and deep purple-green coloration and had a great deep tomato flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment