Monday, August 3, 2009

Stir Fried Noodles


We had a nice, quick dinner tonight since we had guys come to steam clean our carpets today. They did an amazing job--my carpet looks new again and it was awful after three years of dirty shoes and occassional puppy 'accidents.' I'm so excited to have my house looking beautiful again!

Tomorrow's bento is dinner leftovers: a dish of thick rice noodles stir fried in garlic, ginger and soy sauce with cabbage and Quorn "chick'n" and egg beaters. Included in the box are a couple garnishes to 'tweak' the flavor--Thai basil, a wedge of lime, and a couple Thai chiles. I like putting some cilantro into mine as well, but Mr. Toro isn't terribly fond of cilantro even though I've been heaping it into meals lately, so I left it out of his lunch this time.

Dessert is fruit again--oranges and blueberries this time. Also in the box are some gummy penguins that I found at Trader Joe's (which is a chain of markets for any non-US readers who might not know). Mr. Toro and I saw "The March of the Penguins" on our first movie date together, so I love finding penguin treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment