Monday, April 20, 2009

Vespa Crazy!

The big news is...I got a Vespa! It's a '07
Gran Turismo 200, in a beautiful silver. 70 miles per gallon...and so stylish;)

So, to celebrate, today's bento is a turkey and cheese Vespa sandwich. I cut the body out of 2 types of cheese and layered it on a turkey 'shadow', then used nori for the accents. If I did it all over again, the one thing I might have done differently is do the lettering out of a different material--the cheese was a bit too fragile for such tiny pieces and the 'V' in particular was having issues.

Note to Miss A.V. (the younger): I'm working on your request...it may take me a couple days, but I'll let you know as soon as it gets posted!

EDIT: Welcome to all the visitors from Adventures in Bentomaking! I hope you continue to stop by--please lend me you opinions and suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. i think your bentos are awesome!
    but a better camera might make them look even better. however, i am also a student AND I know how difficult investing in a good camera can be.
    till then, happy bentoing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate you visiting.

    I completely agree with you about a new camera...I'm putting my pennies aside for one at the moment, but for the moment am making do so I can feed my bento bug;)

    Once again, thank you, and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! I think you're really doing great for a newbie too. I make them for my hubby but they tend to be a bit more americanized for him...you know, sandwich wraps, leftovers, mini casseroles, etc. I do add a lot of fruit and veggies for color and really try to make it attractive. He's lost 25 pounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for coming by the Bentocracy, and for your comment! And congrats to your husband on the amazing weight loss--I know how difficult that is to do; congrats to you as well for helping him achieve that with your bentos!

    I'm a huge cooking aficionado, but don't focus on any particular nationality or style--I think I just cook whatever catches my fancy at any given moment. Lately that has been Japanese, probably because I've been reading so many bento blogs with so many great-sounding recipes (I think miso chicken might be back on the menu tonight because it was so delicious--many thanks to Maki from Just Bento for the recipe).

    Mr. Toro was born in Switzerland, but moved to the US as a child--his whole family is back in Switzerland and I love to visit. The Swiss influence tends to creep into my cooking near the holidays--Pastetli is always a nostalgic request from my husband...stay tuned for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete