Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Corn Casserole

No bento to show off today...I didn't take a picture, and since I pretty much threw together Mr. Toro's lunch last night, it wasn't much to look at anyway.

So, instead, the secret recipe for my world-famous corn casserole, which has already made a couple appearances here.

It really couldn't be easier--stir, pour, bake--but Mr. Toro loves it and it pairs up easily with just about anything. I like to use frozen corn because I think it has better flavor and texture--I just fill up the emptied creamed corn can to measure--but you can use canned corn kernels if its more convenient


Corn Casserole
1 Box Jiffy-brand corn bread mix
1 Can cream-style corn
1 Can corn (or equivalent of frozen kernels)
8 oz. / 1 c Sour cream (you can use light)

Mix all ingredients in bowl. Pour into 9x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake until set, approximately 45-75 minutes, depending on temperature.


One of the benefits of this recipe is you can put it into a variety of oven temperatures, depending on what temperature your main dish requires, ~ 325 deg to 425 deg F.

No comments:

Post a Comment