Monday, March 30, 2009

Hearts and Flowers

First off, sorry about the lousy photo; I managed to leave my beloved iPhone at my sister-in-law's house over the weekend and had to improvise with my computer's built-in webcam. I'm a bit dismayed at how unappetizing the photo looks, but I'm sure we'll all survive this harrowing experience.

Today's lunch is prettied-up leftovers. The main box is turkey chili and corn casserole with flowers made from cheddar cheese (and scallion stems) with a green pepper butterfly.

The desert box probably serves no other purpose than to embarrass Mr. Toro at work--I may have had a little too much fun with my heart-shaped cutters. Regardless, it's granny smith apples and peanut butter with some mandarain segments and carrot hearts for color.

I have to say, it was pretty darned good chili...I use McCormack "Tex-Mex" spice mix and lean ground turkey, but also throw chopped onions and green peppers as well as grated carrot into the mix. Usually some diced summer squash makes it into the pan too, but alas, the veggie bin was sans-zucchini last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment